Eligibility for Preschool
Children are entitled to access 4 terms (1 year) of government preschool in the year before they start school.
We are introducing a mid-year intake into preschool. This means that from 2023 children who turn 4 years old:
- Before 1 May are eligible to start preschool at the beginning of the year
- On 1 May to 31 October can commence preschool through the mid-year intake at the start of term 3 of that year
Regardless of whether your child starts at the beginning of the year, or through a mid-year intake they will undertake 4 terms of preschool.
Children who turn 4 years after 31 October will be eligible to commence preschool at the start of the following year.
If you’re uncertain about the best time for your child to attend preschool, or feel your child may benefit from starting preschool later, talk to your preschool director or school principal about your options.
Preschool Starting Ages
Aboriginal Children and Children in Care Can Start After they turn 3
If your child identifies as Aboriginal or if your child is or has been in care they’re eligible for 12 hours of preschool a week, after they turn 3. They will then be eligible for 15 hours per week of preschool in the year before they start school.
Children with Disability or Additional Needs Can Start Earlier
If you have a child with disability or additional needs they might be able to start preschool earlier if there are places available. Talk to the principal or director if this applies to you. Being given early entry to preschool does not guarantee early entry to school.
Your child may be eligible for extra support at preschool. Contact your local preschool to discuss if your child is eligible for the statewide Preschool Support program. For more information see disability support at preschool.
Immunisation Requirements Before Starting Preschool
Children cannot be enrolled in or attend preschool unless all immunisation requirements are met (No Jab, No Play).
Early childhood services immunisation requirements has more information.
- 8:15am 3:45pm Monday – Thursday
- Lunch Time 12:00pm – 12:30pm
PLEASE NOTE NO SESSION ON FRIDAY
We have two groups:
- Koalas – Monday and Tuesday
- Kookaburras – Wednesday and Thursday
We believe that continuity for children in terms of friendship groups are pivotal to their wellbeing and supports staff to organise teaching and learning programs.
$195.00 a term, which includes lunch care, subsidies for excursions, fundraising levy as well as pays for utilities and the maintenance of kindergarten. Fees can be placed in an envelope in the Grey box at kindergarten or online.
Welcome to Playgroup!
Here is some information to help you and your child as you attend our Playgroup.
Playgroup fees are:
A gold coin donation each visit
Your Playgroup Coordinator is:
- Charmaine Suares Howard
Playgroup runs from 9.30 – 11.30 am for 9 weeks during school terms, please bring one piece of fruit for each child for shared snack time.
Playgroup at Paradise is a great transition if you are thinking about attending Paradise Kindergarten. Please notify your playgroup coordinator if you are unable to attend a session, tea and coffee is available. Enjoy your time at Playgroup!
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I bring to the Kindergarten?
- A kindergarten bag with a spare change of clothes.(We offer and encourage messy/sensory play)
- A hat even in winter as we check the U.V and wear hats when required
- A drink bottle to be placed on the drink trolley. (Water only, no fruit drinks cordial etc.)
- Lunch box placed in the square cubbies
- Two serves of fruit for Fruit time
What does my child need for lunch?
- Healthy options like sandwiches, wraps, rice, noodles. We are a nut aware centre so please no nuts as we have children who are severely allergic to nuts (e.g. NO peanut butter, Nutella, muesli bars)
- We cannot heat food up at Kindergarten
- We have a healthy eating policy and recommend treats like chips and chocolate to not be put into your child’s lunch box
How do I know what my child has been doing at Kindergarten?
- Please look at the learning program on the left as you enter kindergarten
- Please do join our Storypark community which has information about our program and curriculum and is the way we communicate to you about your child’s learning, wellbeing, and development
- Your child has a visual diary which we encourage your child to look through and reflect on their learning. We encourage you to share this with your child and your family
- Have a look around kindergarten to see samples of children’s work
- Make sure you have your email on the enrolment from so that you can be added to our Storypark community
- Two newsletter a year
- Weekly updates via story park with communication about curriculum, events, and announcements
Who can I speak to if I need more information?
- Please see staff and we will be happy to chat with you. If it is busy at pickup and drop of times, please make an appointment after hours to speak to staff.
- Please do check Storypark for announcements and events. Consent Forms will be handed out in hard copy by staff as well
- If you have a complaint, please see the DfE complaint procedure on Contact page.
- We also offer term 1 phone call check-ins and term 3 Parent educator- conversations
What happens at drop of and pick up times?
- Please sign your child in on the attendance sheet at the front of kindergarten.
Support your child and encourage them to independently organise them selves to hang up their bags and put their lunch and drink bottle away
- Suggest an experience for your child and settle them into the experience and then say goodbye, staff will be on hand to support the farewell
- Please sign your child out of kindergarten ( please note that your child can only be picked up by those authorised on the enrolment form or by written consent by parents/ caregivers). Please let staff know if someone else is picking your child up
- Please wait till your child is farewelled by the teacher before taking your child home
What happens if my child is sick/away?
- Please notify staff about illnesses so we can let our community know about contagious illnesses
- If your child is away or having a long holiday please do let staff know as it is important for our staffing