Starting Preschool in 2020
Children who turn 4 before May 1are eligible to start preschool at the beginning of the year before they start school. Children are able to access a government funded preschool for 1 year. if you are unsure about the best time to start preschool, or feel your child will benefit from delaying starting preschool please speak to the kindergarten director.
How to enrol in 2020
Submit a Preschool enrolment registration form (which can be printed off our website and hand it in, in person at our Kindergarten).
All Government preschools will give priority of access to children living within preschool local catchment area.
If there are still places available, we can then fill preschool with children living outside the local catchment area.
Timeframe for Offers
Priority 1 offers for children within the local catchment area will be sent out in the first week of August.
If you are offered a place, you will receive a letter or email from preschool. To accept the offer and secure the place you will need to reply and complete the Preschool enrolment form.
Priority 2 offers for children outside the local catchment area will be sent out in the first week of September and will also then have to complete the preschool enrolment.
- 8:15am 3:45pm Monday – Thursday
- Lunch Time 12:00pm – 12:30pm
PLEASE NOTE NO SESSION ON FRIDAY
We have two groups:
- Koalas – Monday and Tuesday
- Kookaburras – Wednesday and Thursday
We believe that continuity for children in terms of friendship groups are pivotal to their wellbeing and supports staff to organise teaching and learning programs.
$195.00 a term, which includes lunch care, subsidies for excursions, fundraising levy as well as pays for utilities and the maintenance of kindergarten. Fees can be placed in an envelope in the Grey box at kindergarten or online.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I bring to the Kindergarten?
- A kindergarten bag with a spare change of clothes.(We offer and encourage messy/sensory play)
- A hat even in winter as we check the U.V and wear hats when required
- A drink bottle to be placed on the drink trolley. (Water only, no fruit drinks cordial etc.)
- Lunch box placed in the square cubbies
- Two serves of fruit for Fruit time
What does my child need for lunch?
- Healthy options like sandwiches, wraps, rice, noodles. We are a nut aware centre so please no nuts as we have children who are severely allergic to nuts (e.g. NO peanut butter, Nutella, muesli bars)
- We cannot heat food up at Kindergarten
- We have a healthy eating policy and recommend treats like chips and chocolate to not be put into your child’s lunch box
How do I know what my child has been doing at Kindergarten?
- Please look at the learning program on the left as you enter kindergarten
- Your child has a learning folder which we encourage you to share with your child and your family
- Join our closed Facebook Group
- Have a look around kindergarten to see samples of children’s work
- Make sure you have your email on the enrolment from so that you can be emailed our weekly emails
- One newsletter per term
Who can I speak to if I need more information?
- Please see staff and we will be happy to chat with you . If it is busy at pickup and drop of times please make an appointment after hours to speak to staff.
- Please do check your pockets (where your child hangs their bags ) we use these as a means of communication.
- If you have a complaint please see the DfE complaint procedure on Contact page.
What happens at drop of and pick up times?
- Please sign your child in on the attendance sheet at the front of kindergarten.
Support your child and encourage them to independently organise them selves to hang up their bags and put their lunch and drink bottle away
- Suggest an experience for your child and settle them into the experience and then say goodbye, staff will be on hand to support the farewell
- Please sign your child out of kindergarten ( please note that your child can only be picked up by those authorised on the enrolment form or by written consent by parents/ caregivers). Please let staff know if someone else is picking your child up
- Please wait till your child is farewelled by the teacher before taking your child home
What happens if my child is sick/away?
- Please notify staff about illnesses so we can let our community know about contagious illnesses
- If your child is away or having a long holiday please do let staff know as it is important for our staffing